When it wasn't this stew,it was spaghetti bolognese on the menu.It was pretty cool because as soon as the week would start,my brothers and I would already be looking forward to Wednesday cause we knew we'd have a nice lunch.
I miss these good old days,当我完成学业，回家吃美味的、已经准备好的午餐时。Well,things are not that different today,except I am the one who cooks now and do the dishes.哦，adult life.
所以，这小扁豆炖！It's unbelievably simple and tasty.It's healthy,vegan,super easy to prepare and full of earthy flavours.
It's been raining all day in London today and this stew is the perfect comfort meal I needed!Happy Thursday!!
Vegetarian Lentil Stew
- 400 gr dry green lentils (2 cups)
- 2 onions thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (1/4 cup)
- 600 ml water (3 cups)
- 2 medium sized tomatoes,grated
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Generous pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- Chopped coriander and lemon wedges for garnish (optional)
• Place all the ingredients in a large deep skillet or casserole (except the garnish).
• Make sure the water covers the lentils. If not,add an extra cup or just enough water to cover the lentils.
• Leave to simmer gently until the lentils are cooked.About 35 to 40 minutes.
• Serve warm or cold with crusty bread.
• Garnish with coriander and a squeeze of lemon juice.
• Depending on the type of lentils you will be using,you might have to add some water if all the liquids evaporate before the lentils are cooked.Keep an eye on the lentils while they are cooking.