When you have an addiction to a specific food you keep adding it to everything even when it doesn't make sense,right?Well in my case it always makes sense because my addiction of the moment (akaamlou) is so versatile,it literally works with everything.And it's not only uber delicious,it's also super healthy and easy to make because all you need are these 3 ingredients:
- Argan oil
So let's all start making our own amlou at home!!Once I discovered that amlou worked amazingly withfigs,,somehow I got inspired to try it with savoury dishes.My last attempt is this warm goats cheese salad and oh it was good!Before moving to London I used to live in Paris where I would have every week a"salad de chevre chaud".I guess it was my safe and comforting choice in any bistro because you can't go wrong with it.I mean,it's basically lettuce,bread and goats cheese.There's something very comforting about warm goats cheese on a toast and given that it's usually served seating and a big bed of salad leaves,it was also my #guiltfree meal of the week.
I've added some apples and dried thyme to the classic warm goats cheese salad to spice things up and and add more flavour to the whole amlou & goats cheese experience.Also,did I mention that this 必威特别投注recipe takes 10 minutes from start to finish??
I've caught a cold a few days ago that unfortunately became something not that fun but that's ok because I am writing this post from the comfort of my bed and I've finished all the episodes of the GBBO.I loved it,I can't wait for the final next week!Plus,I have more reasons to be excited: it's almost Friday and I still have a few jars of amlou in my pantry.YAY.
Amlou Warm Goats Cheese Salad
- 120 gr baby leaf lettuce (or any type of lettuce)
- 4 small slices of bread
- 4 goats cheese rounds (or 4 thick goats cheese slices cut from a log)
- 2 apples (any type except granny smith)
- 80 mlamlou
- 100ml olive oil
- 1 heaped tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme and more for sprinkling the cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
• Preheat your grill or your grill's oven to its highest setting.
• Thinly slice your apples and cut them into 1 cm large strips.
• Transfer the dressing ingredients into a large salad bowl and mix until smooth.Toss the lettuce leafs and the apples strips into the dressing.
• Divide salad mixture into 4 plates and set aside.
• Top each slice of bread with a goats cheese round and a sprinkle of dried thyme.Place on a baking tray and transfer in the oven.Grills usually work very fast so I would advise to constantly keep an eye on the goats cheese until lightly golden and soft (depending on your grill,it should take 2 to 4 minutes).
• Top each plate with a warm goats cheese slice of bread.
•Drizzle 2 tablespoons of amlou over each plate and serve immediately.
• If your amlou is to thick to be drizzled,warm it up with a couple tablespoons of water.